Welcome to the Municipality of Krzeszowice
Krzeszowice is a municipality of the urban - rural nature located between two metropolitan areas: Poland's largest urban area - Upper Silesian Industrial Area and second as to the most populous city in the country, the ancient capital and seat of Polish kings, Krakow. From Krzeszowice it is very close to both Krakow (25 kilometers) and Katowice (50 kilometers). This location provides easy and quick access to the educational, cultural, sports - entertainment centers and to the medical care. Krzeszowice Municipality is the largest municipality of the Krakow district, with an area of 139 sq. km and a population of 31.5 thousand of residents.
The advantage of convincing to live in the village of Krzeszowice is the fact that here you can use both from the offer of great cities, and from a comfortable living in a quiet village or in Krzeszowice itself - a city with a resort preserved over the centuries, with an interesting urban layout, created by antique objects and scenic parks in the city center.
The railway line crossing the municipality and running through the city of Krzeszowice, which is a trans-European link of Western Europe with Ukraine, provides the convenient access to Krakow and Silesia. In the near future, after the planned modernization of the international railway by the railway, travel time to the center of Cracow will be comparable to the time of arrival from the Cracow districts of Podgórze and Nowa Huta. Just today Krzeszowice is covered by the preferential rate in the regional train connections, within a suburban area of Krakow. Trzebinia motorway junction, which takes you to a renewed national road No. 79, allows you to use the A4 motorway, and referring to the main motorway routes in Silesia and Małopolska, with fast access to Cieszyn Silesia, the Ostrava - Karviná Zagłębie or Slovakia. Soon within the area of the municipality a motorway junction in Rudno will be handed over.
From Krzeszowice is also very close to two important Polish regional airports - the Cracow and Silesia. Krakow Balice Airport is a few minutes’ drive, Silesian Pyrzowice is a distance of less than 80 km from Krzeszowice.
Krzeszowice municipality belongs to the category of municipalities that in a period of intense industrialization of the country were based on large factories, which lie mostly in traditional sectors of the economy. Currently, the former large factories, including mines of rock raw materials are not as large employer as before the restructuring period and the number of operators after the initial period of growth stabilized at approx. 2.3 thousand.
Projected for Małopolska broadening of the metropolitan area should carry in the near term until 2020 also for the municipality of Krzeszowice a positive phenomena of finding in the zone of economic activity concentration. The basis of employment will be in the near future still accounted for small businesses, mainly in the service sector and trade, and operating in the municipality of rock raw materials mines.
Agriculture is not a significant sector of the economy of Krzeszowice municipality. Changes in the agricultural sector caused that currently as the employed in agriculture in the municipality of Krzeszowice is recognized only a small percent of the population, and the average size farm in the municipality in 2014 was 2.14 physical hectares, which is 2.20 convertible hectares. The total number of farms amounts to 2131 (as in August of 2014.).
Culture, sport, tourism
The monuments belonging to the municipality are successively renewed for a few years, and within the Urban Development Program of Krzeszowice adopted by the City Council in January 2009, several comprehensive investment were already made, changing the city center. The revitalized downtown of Krzeszowice, the rise of social services area with the new kindergarten, a complex of sports fields with artificial turf and built a new street, opening in communication center from the north, makes that today, this part of the city is one of the most attractive and full of new features.
An important task was also a restoration of the historic train station in Krzeszowice, related to the planned development of suburban railway network, including its scope as the municipality of Krzeszowice.
Bearing in mind the long-standing fair traditions of Krzeszowice, a modernization of the market square was realized, thus improving the conditions for the sale of agricultural and industrial products, which our municipality customers come from a distance of even tens of kilometers.
In the past few years, in every village in the municipality the new facilities for active leisure time and learning were handed over for use. Such tasks include the construction of 30 playgrounds in the municipality, sports facilities, kindergartens, modernization connected with the expansion of school facilities. An interesting investment, reminding the splendor of New Mountain, was revitalization of its center, emphasizing the historic urban character of the city.
The largest in southern Poland golf complex in Paczółtowice is located in the municipality. Earth Krzeszowicka is boasted by many attractive touristic areas and is woven with a mesh of hiking trails - hiking, cycling and teaching. It is also rich in dozens of historical monuments, among which the most visited are the spa buildings Krzeszowic, the Shrine of Our Lady of Carmel in Czerna wooden church in Paczółtowice and the ruins of the castle "Tenczyn" in Rudno. Among the churches in town worth recommending are the old temples in Krzeszowice, Tenczynek, Sance, Zalasie and Nowa Góra.
3xUso the urban spa system
Visitors of Krzeszowice for the first time are surprised by a lot of green parkland in the center of the city and preserving the unique urban layout of the spa building. In the city there is and it is operating the rehabilitation hospital that by the efforts of the provincial government has regained its luster and has increased the number of hospital beds, which is a continuation of the several- century spa tradition entered in the identity of Krzeszowice. Today, the development of settlements in the municipality due in large part to the fact selection Krzeszowic as a place for permanent residence by many people who give up life in the big cities for the sake of quiet surroundings while providing the access to educational, sports - recreational, medical and commercial - service centers in the same municipality or in the near distance from the place of residence.
Live, work, relax
Suburban nature of municipality of Krzeszowice makes that many people want to live here, work and relax, appreciating the natural conditions and infrastructure enriched with recent investments. On the initiative of private entities the center of catering and accommodation is being expanded. In Czerna near Krzeszowice complex with the House of Pilgrims was created that is important for the development of pilgrimage tourism. It will be another in the village, next to the retreat resort of Congregation of the Missionaries in Krzeszowice, the accommodation property belonging to religious congregations.
Krzeszowice Municipality, situated between agglomerations: Kraków and Silesia, stands out even in the Polish varied landscape. A significant part of the municipality lies in the Jurassic Landscape Parks - there are three parks and three wildlife sanctuaries. Among the volcanic hills hidden in their interiors agate, porphyry, dibasic, dolomite, tuff and black marble; in color (particularly in autumn) forests; the beautiful streams, you can find the rare, protected plants and animals. For their protection they have been established, among others, three areas belonging to the European Ecological Network Natura 2000 and the ecological site "Buczyna".
A place where scientific knowledge and practice is joined together in the field of renewable energy is made in Miękinia near Krzeszowice Malopolska Centre for Renewable Sources and Energy Conservation Academy of Mining - Metallurgy in Krakow. In this facility not only the laboratory rooms, , library and research laboratories were decorated, but also a lecture hall and a place of rest, allowing a few days’ stay in this modern resort.
The town of Krzeszowice, the center of the municipality and the administrative center, is divided into six neighborhoods: Center, Czatkowice, Jurassic Park and the Nowy Świat and Żbik. Krzeszowice belong to the cities with high growth potential and currently there live approx. 10 thousand of residents. It is known for its medicinal mineral waters of sulphate-calcium-magnesium-sulfur, which are used since the seventeenth century for treatment of rheumatic diseases, traumatic and the musculoskeletal system. The first provision dealing with the use of sulfur water to treat the cattle was made by the local parish priest, Father Bernard Bocheński, in the parish chronicle from 1625. However, the development of the resort started in the second half of the eighteenth century - around 1778. Timbering only the sulfur water spring ("Zdrój Główny"). Probably in the same year the first baths were built, and in the following year there were recorded the first patients. Today, the spa tradition are continued by Rehabilitation Centre of the Locomotor System "Krzeszowice", renovated and expanded in recent years.
Villages in the municipality:
is a village located on Olkuska Upland, part of Krakowsko-Częstochowska Jura. In Czerna there is a Complex of Monastery of the Discalced Carmelites registered in a monument register, where Our Lady of the Scapular is venerated and St. Raphael Kalinowski. The monastery was founded as a hermitage in 1629 by Agnes Firlejs of Tęczyńska. The ruins of the arcade bridge of the seventeenth century also belong to the monastery. - thanks to a local legend known as "devil". The attractions of Czerna also include the Pilgrim House built recently and a virtual museum.
there is a quarry inactive of so called black Dębnik marble (in real limestone), whose deposits have been exploited since the Middle Ages. Around a village there are lay out the "Marble Hills". The first mention of the settlement dates from 1422 and was drawn up by a German historian Hartmann Schädel. At the beginning of the sixteenth century, the Italian stone masons were imported and in the early seventeenth century it was begun to send the Dębnik marble to Warsaw. In 1661, King Jan Kazimierz gave the privilege to the masons from Dębnik, allowing them to run the stonework on the area of Poland and Lithuania. Nearby Dębnik there are the Racławka Valley and the Eliaszówka Valley, to which there are provided the routes for cycling and walking.
is a village located in the eastern part of the municipality of Krzeszowice. On the area of the village there operates a dolomite quarry in the " Zbrza Gorge." There are also the oldest in the Krakow region sedimentary rocks of the Middle Devonian, which are exposed on the surface of the earth. In June, the Trout Days are celebrated - an attraction for tourists, where you can taste the trout. The traditions of the artificial breeding of trout and carp in the Polish territories are derived precisely from Dubie.
is located in a picturesque gorge of Jurassic origin in the Valley of Filipówka, in the western part of Krzeszowice municipality. The varied terrain poses the special landscapes features. On a sunny, clear days here there are unforgettable eye views of the Tatras and the Beskidy Mountains. Filipowice are also endowed with special geological values. The most valuable of this type attractions include the only one in Poland and few in Europe decks deposits " Filipowickie tuffs " the rocks of volcanic origin. In the village there is a church of Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary built in the years 1949 - 1953 with a distinctive red colored tuff.
is located on the area of Tenczyński Landscape Park in the upper Sledge Valley, at the confluence of two streams of the source of the river, in a picturesque valley. You can admire the historical chapel from 1863. There run numerous hiking and biking tracks. In the southern part of the village lies the forester Kopce, and from the western side , there extends the quarry in Zalasie. The tourist attraction of Frywałd is a horse-riding stud and many ideal places for mushroom pickers.
the local quarry on 3 and 4 July 1787 was visited by King Stanislaw August Poniatowski, during a trip to Krzeszowice area. The Training and Research Laboratory of Renewable and Energy Conservation University AGH is operated here. In the area of inactive quarry there are organized the motorcycle rallies competitions Trial.
is a large town in the eastern part of the municipality of Krzeszowice. A characteristic place is the Independence Monument destroyed by the Germans during World War II and rebuilt in 1991. The local Roman Catholic church. Holy Cross was built between 1979 -1983. Noteworthy is the neo-renaissance Domanski Villa of the 20s with the original furnishings, owned in part to the Association of Friends of the Krzeszowice area.
is an ancient city on the route leading to the mining towns of Olkusz and Slavkov. Evidence of this is a urban layout with a distinctive market where there are located: Baroque statue of Christ from the mid-seventeenth century, and a stone seal with the image of the city. Neo-Romanesque parish Church of Pentecost (1885 - 1895) was founded by Potocki family. One of the hamlets of New Mountain is called Paris.
a hamlet of Nowa Góra town, which is a separate parish village. It is located in the Cracow Upland (northern part), in the geomorphologic sub-region of Ojców Plateau also called the Father Plate. The village is characterized by a clean environment, lack industrial plants burdensome to the environment and high landscape values.
is located in the north-western part of the municipality on the Ojcowski Plateau and within the National Park of Cracow Valleys. The history of the town is inextricably linked to the quarrying of metal ores. The first information about the existence in and around these villages the mines of lead come from the fifteenth century. In Ostrężnicy there were active at least a dozen of small private shafts, called with the names of their respective owners. The local church of St. Faustina was consecrated in 2005.
the beginnings of the village date back to the year 1335 - in the sources there occurs " Paczoldi villa " - village of Paczolda. In Paczółtowice currently operates a golf complex Krakow Valley Golf & Country Club with the area of 160 hz with a ski lift, cross-country trails, a shooting range and a horse farm. In near a large forest complex - Żarski Forest and picturesque nature reserve of Racławka Valley. The village has a precious wooden church from the early sixteenth century. Church of Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary with historic furnishings, a monument to commemorate those killed in the uprisings and during World War II and the stone chapel of God Passion of the seventeenth century.
is a village located in the southwestern part of the municipality. In the highest part of Garb Tenczyński (Castle Hill) are the ruins of the Tenczyn castle from the fourteenth century, which was a magnificent seat of ancestral Toporczyków Tenczyńskich. In 1656 it was burned by the Swedes, it was rebuilt by the Lubomirski, subsequent owners, survived a fire in 1768. After which it eventually fell into disrepair. They preserved only part of the walls and towers of residential towers. All parts of the walls and the grounds of the castle hill with the surrounding forest - are entered in the register of monuments. Currently, work is underway to protect the ruins and made available to tourists sightseeing opportunities. The village is located on the A4 motorway junction linking the western Europe with Ukraine.
is located in the southern part of the municipality of Krzeszowice, partly in Tenczyński Landscape Park. In the village there are frequently occurring natural monuments. Historic church of the parish. St. James the Apostle, together with the cemetery from the 1st half of the seventeenth century was built between 1618-1624 by Zygmunt Świerczowski, the secretary of King Sigismund III Vasa. Through Sanka there runs the Lesser Way of St.. James, which was listed by UNESCO.
around the village there are beautiful surroundings of Krakowsko-Częstochowska Jura, in the center there is a historic manor - farm of Discalced Carmelites of Czerna (currently a retreat house run by the Congregation of the Sisters of the Most Holy Soul of Christ the Lord from Krakow), consisting of the court in the Baroque style and farm buildings. In the vicinity of Siedlec there passes the valley " Za Żbikiem ", located in Cracow Valleys Landscape Park and Racławka Valley.
is a village located in the central part of Krzeszowice. In the area of village there are monuments of nature: Skalka under a pine tree - 4.5-meter high rock built from the conglomerate consisting of fragments of various rocks and two black poplars, growing at red trail and quarrying sandstone and limestone. Baroque church. Catherine was built in the years 1728-1742, next to the wooden bell from 1748. Particularly noteworthy is history now disused of coal mine, the Zwierzyniecka Gate and Vronsky Pond. In Tenczynek the beer is also brewed at the brewery, where the traditions date back to the sixteenth century.
located in the western part of the municipality of Krzeszowice, along the national road 79 Cracow - Katowice, adjacent endowed with special landscape values: Tenczyńskim Landscape Park, Rudniański Landscape Park and Dulowska forest complex. In the village there are numerous hiking and biking tracks of animate and inanimate nature, the church of St. Maximilian Kolbe built between 1977 - 1983 and the Cross of Katyn.
a village located in the southern part of the municipality of Krzeszowice. In the eastern part of the village there is a large porphyry quarry railway siding running from Krzeszowice train station. Built in the years 1905-1910 Neo-Gothic church was founded by Potocki and next to him is a wooden bell tower from the beginning of the eighteenth century. At the church has been operating since 1710 the penitential Brotherhood of St. Mary Magdalene, whose members can be seen during the procession on 22 July. Unveiled in 2008. Obelisk is dedicated to the memory of Lt. Col. pil Stanislaus cottage.
is located in the north-eastern part of the municipality, in an attractive tourist area of the Cracow Valleys Landscape Park, between the Valley and the Valley Szklarka Racławka. Running through the village of hiking and biking trails allow you to visit the valleys of beautifully landscaped park. Żarski Pond is a habitat for many species of insects, amphibians and invertebrates